Frequently Asked Questions
Your health, safety, and well-being has always been a top priority for all of us at the 7 Seas Inn. As always, we are committed to making your visit to the Inn and Lake Tahoe as safe and comfortable as possible.
Like you, we are closely monitoring developments concerning the Corona Virus (COVID-19), and related guidance and statements from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), California Department of Public Health (CDPH) and El Dorado County Public Health Division.
We are very serious about cleanliness and are constantly communicating with our employees to reinforce our health and safety procedures in both guest and back of the house areas, including protocols for handwashing, housekeeping and cleaning common areas. Here a few of the steps that we are taking to protect our guests and staff:
• Housekeeping has been directed to pay attention to high touch areas, such as tabletops, remotes and bathroom fixture handles, when they clean and disinfect rooms after each stay.
• All Inn employees have been reminded to wash their hands frequently throughout their shifts in accordance with CDC guidelines. They are expected to wash their hands before and after eating, and before returning to work. Proper handwashing procedures are posted in work areas and each employee will receive a hard copy.
• Hand sanitizers are provided in both the public and back of the house areas.
• Public touchpoints in common areas such as door handles or knobs, the front desk, keys and the credit card machine will be cleaned regularly.
• All hard surfaces such as café counters and dining tables will be cleaned and sanitized at the end of each service.
• As always, staff must follow best practices for safe food handling.
For Our Staff:
• We encourage our staff to closely monitor their health and personal well-being.
• All employees are asked to stay at home if they, or a member of their immediate household, does not feel well. If, upon arrival or at any time during his/her shift, any employee that shows flu-like symptoms will be asked to leave work immediately.
• If they are experiencing flu-like symptoms, including fever, cough, muscle aches and/or shortness of breath, they are advised to seek medical care immediately.
• We expect all employees to wash their hands frequently throughout their and use available hand sanitizers.
• Employees should wipe down and sanitize their workspace regularly.
For Our Great Guests:
• We encourage you to follow the CDC's recommended practices to reduce the possibility of the virus spreading.
• If an arriving guest shows flu-like symptoms, they will be directed to Urgent Care immediately and not permitted to stay at the Inn. We will cancel the reservation and provide a refund as appropriate
• We will respectfully ask guests who begin to display respiratory symptoms during their visit to leave the Inn and return home where they will be more comfortable.
We hope that you enjoy your stay with the 7 Seas. We will continue to monitor the developing situation and remain vigilant to support your health and safety.
Thank you for being a Great Guest.