- Summer activities include hiking, cycling, golf, hot air ballooning, boating, kayaking, standup paddle boarding, parasailing, cruises, horseback riding, back country ATV tours, fishing, competitive running and swimming events.
- The outdoor Summer Concert Series at Harvey's (a 5 minute walk from the 7 Seas Inn)
- The Shakespeare Festival.
- The Wa She Shu It Deh, the annual Native American cultural celebration.
- Emerald Bay State Park for a breathtaking view of the Lake. Once you catch your breath, you can hike, swim, kayak or boat on the Park's preserved lands and waters. You can scuba dive or snorkel to explore its underwater trail.
- A tour of Vikingsholm in the summer months is a must. Please remember cars must park in the lot at the top and what goes down to the shoreline, must come up.
- Winter activities include downhill and cross-country skiing, snowboarding, snow showing, tubing, sledding, snowmobiling, and winter cruises.
There is a public bus to Emerald Bay from the South Y Transit Center, located at the juncture of 1000 Emerald Bay Rd (Rt. 89) and Lake Tahoe Blvd. (Rt. 50).